Tuesday, March 29, 2005

"Be the Change you wish to see"

Mahatma Gandhi said this a long time ago.

I woke up this morning with this motto in my mind and decided that today I would do more and gripe less.

How many times do we find ourselves raising a hue and cry about little or big things happening around us? Do we ever stop and ponder that perhaps if we begin with ourselves probably we could set an example for others to follow? That if we just did what we wanted to see around us, the root of our frustration would just vanish!!!
I know this is not something profound that blossomed in my mind while sitting in my tub, so I’m not even pretending to say Eureka!!


The point I am trying to bring out is that before we start our ranting, if we all just paused and decided to practice whatever we preach, wouldn’t this world be just the rosy image we paint in our own minds? I have decided to start with small things at home and work, like taking the onus of cleaning up the house to taking on the Herculean task of documenting our undocumented system at work. After all “bund bund se paani banta hai ek mahasagar” (the literal translation of which is – it is small drops that make up the ocean). I then hope to graduate to larger things soon J

What will you start with?

2 comments:

gvenum said...

>> "Practise what you preach" ..."documenting stuff"

Are you out of your mind. That's crazy. ..There is nothing called practising....you just Preach that's it.

And this is the reason you wanted me to read your blog ??....Glad I got it right...otherwise I would have learnt something today which would have been total apocalypsal..

practise &$%%&& *^&* you preach"...
huh!! *shakes head in disgust*

Vandana Sarah said...

*with a halo around the head* Well Gvenum, before I had this revelation, I thought just like you... but then "I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes" Hope this wind of change passes by your street sometime soon too!!!

:) :)
Anyways thanks for stopping by!!