Monday, August 23, 2004

In his time!!! :

Today is a very morose day somehow. Even though I thought today would be the day I would write about one of the best things that happened in my life, and share with you how I felt when this dream of mine that I had since I was little girl, came true. I decided to defer it. I'll write about it tomorrow when I am in a happier, perkier and better mood. Well, if Tomorrow comes!!!

After all..Tomorrow is Another Day ....
Well, you know that was my favorite line from one of my all time favorite movies "Gone with the wind". I feel it somehow reflects a lot about the way many of us think, including me. And i must admit this is something I borrowed from one of my friends back in India who explained to me the meaning of this line only after which it made a lot of sense to me.

How many times have things not worked out for you and you have more than your share of worries, that you just decided to postpone worrying about it or fretting about it or just indulging in that self pity for a later time? I don't know how many of you would identify with something like that. But for me, when such a time comes in my life then I think of this line and move on "After all, Tomorrow is another day".

Well today is such a day. And coincidentally so, a similar set of problems have just appeared out of nowhere. When such a time comes, I can't help thinking in my mind "Upparwala deta hai tho chappar phadke deta hai" a hindi phrase which could best translate to "When it rains, it pours!!!". And the solution, I have found over the times for such days is to just postpone indulging in the pain. Perhaps I seek refuge in god's "broad scheme of things" and there is this one hymn I learnt as a little girl which helps me go on and I would like to share it with you. Hope you can find the same courage and strength I find in this little hymn which is actually based on Ecclesiastes 3:11

In His time, in His time
He makes all things beautiful in His time
Lord please show me every day
As You're teaching me Your way
That You do just what You say in Your time

There are times and there are days
Weeks and months we cannot understand gods ways
Time for joy and Time for Pain
Time for reaping and for gain
Every purpose under heaven has a time!!!

In Your time, in Your time
You make all things beautiful in Your time
Lord, my life to You I bring
May each song I have to sing
Be to You a lovely thing, in Your time

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Vandu,

That was so meaninful and touching!

Love
Maria

Vandana Sarah said...

Thanks Maria , glad you liked it

Well Balaji, I am not that good at the Bible as I am at googling ;)

dnyanada said...

hyeeeeeeee vandu,
i had almost forgotten abut "gone with the wind"... but now i days i m just doing that not thinking abut 2moro... and the day i decided that i... i changed my msn login to "charvaks" each one of my friends chatting to me asked me what that means... actully charvaks have a different philosophy which says yesterday is gone 2moro is unknown so y think abut it think only for today eat ghee today...... and really really vandu from that day onwards i have really really stopped thinking abut 2moro... it's sooooooooooooo much peaceful that way... and as the hymn says same is what sai baba says is shradda and saburi...which means faith n patience... and if we have faith in god we automatically gives us the patience... there is more to say... i feel 2moro is more like a horizon... the closer we get to it the further it goes... and then there is no 2moro...

i think i have written aloooooooooot... bohot pakaya na?? ;)kay karu abhi BA kiya hai philo me kuch to yaad rahega na..:)

Vandana Sarah said...

Shiv: Thanks!!! Will try your medicine !!! :)

Dnyanada: Nice, I didn't know that's what Charvaks meant. Yeah its so true, in every faith, the lord usually has conveyed the same message. I guess he uses different instruments to touch our lives and pass on his message!!!

dnyanada said...

hyeeee vandu,
i was thinking alot about gone with the wind and the line which u wrote but if i m not wrong scarlet used that to postpone doing something which she cud do today... and i felt that was more of running away from reality and saying tomorow wud be thought abut it... by which she really thought that she wudn't need to think abut it... and what i mean abut chakvak and their doctrine is y postpone it for tomorrow when we donno what's going to happen 2moro... might as well do it now or 2day....

just a passing thought or may be i m thinking toooo much abut 2moro when i m saying i m not thinking..:)

Rapunzel said...

what a coincidence! i blogged abt this too....but anyways, i see this was in august...so u r a few months ahead of me in attaining nirvana.